Pequannock Animal Shelter
11 Washington Street
Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Animal Control Division is concerned with the welfare of all domestic animals in our community. We are responsible for:
- The sheltering of unwanted, abandoned, stray, and impounded animals.
- The enforcement of the Township’s ordinances and State Law Chapter 4 Article 7 relating to the keeping, restraint, and humane treatment of animals. New Jersey Animal Cruelty Laws. R.S. 4:22-17 and 4:22-26.
- The education of the public concerning proper animal care and responsible animal ownership including rabies control, licensing, spay/neutering and immunization.
- The responsible placement of adopted animals, and
- The humane disposition of unwanted, un-adopted, sick or injured animals.
The Division is obliged morally, ethically, and legally to enforce ordinances and to shelter animals in such a way as to insure the public safety of all species and to show respect for the dignity and worth of all creatures.