- Police Department
- Police Hiring Notice
Police Officer Hiring Notice
Pequannock Township Police Department Is
Now Accepting Applications for the Position of Police Officer
THIS APPLICATION PROCESS IS NOW CLOSED. Please continue to monitor our website for future openings. (Posted: 11/9/22)
The Pequannock Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pequannock Police Department is looking to hire at least one (1) Police Officer from this hiring process.
Please be sure to read all details, requests, requirements, and paperwork carefully.
NO applications will be accepted after the deadline noted below.
Important Application Dates:
Applications Open: CLOSED (Previously Septebmer 20, 2022)
Applications Close: CLOSED (Previously November 4, 2022 at 4:00pm EST (Please note that this was an application previously closing on 10/21/22 but was extended by the Chief of Police.))
Acquiring An Application:
In-Person: Visit the Police Desk at 530 Newark Pompton Turnpike, Pompton Plains NJ 07444
Online: You can download a PDF version of the application here.
Submitting an Application:
All applications must be dropped off at Pequannock Police Headquarters at the Police Desk. Please drop your application off, with all requested documentation included, at 530 Newark Pompton Turnpike, Pompton Plains NJ 07444. We will accept applications on any date and time before 4:00pm EST on 11/4/2022.
Minimum Application Requirements:
- Applicants must possess, at minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree, or an Associate’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years of law enforcement experience.
- Applicants must already possess a PTC from an accredited New Jersey Police Academy OR be currently enrolled in an accredited New Jersey Police Academy for PTC OR a Class II Special Officer that is PTC certification waiver eligible.
- All requested information above, and inside the application packet, MUST be included with your submission. If you can not obtain all or part of the requested material, you must explain in writing what material is missing and the reason(s) why. Attach this statement to the application.
- All questions relating to the application can be directed to Lt. Jeffrey Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is NO fee to apply for this position.