Police Officer Hiring Notice
Pequannock Township Police Department Is
Now Accepting Applications for the Position of Police Officer
Pequannock Police Department is looking to hire at least one (1) Police Officer from this hiring process.
Please be sure to read all details, requests, requirements and paperwork carefully.
NO applications will be accepted after the deadline noted below.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS OPENING HAS BEEN CLOSED EFFECTIVE 9/6/2020 AT 1630 HOURS.
Important Application Dates:
Applications Open: August 3, 2020
Applications Close: September 6, 2020 at 4:30pm EST
Acquiring An Application:
In-Person: Visit the Police Desk at 530 Newark Pompton Turnpike, Pompton Plains NJ 07444
Online: You can download a PDF version of the application here.
Submitting an Application:
All applications must be dropped off at Pequannock Police Headquarters at the Police Desk. Please drop your application off, with all requested documentation included, at 530 Newark Pompton Turnpike, Pompton Plains NJ 07444. We will accept applications on any date and time before 4:30pm EST on 9/6/2020.
Minimum Application Requirements:
- Applicants must possess, at minimum, a Bachelors Degree from an accredited College or University prior to their appointment.
- Applicants must already possess a PTC from an accredited New Jersey Police Academy OR be currently enrolled in an accredited New Jersey Police Academy for PTC OR be accepted into an accredited New Jersey Police Academy for PTC. SLEO I and SLEO II training does not meet this requirement.
- All requested information above, and inside the application packet, MUST be included with your submission. If you can not obtain all or part of the requested material, you must explain in writing what material is missing and the reason(s) why. Attach this statement to the application.
- Following the completion of the application period we expect the review and interview process to span a 3-month period.
- All questions relating to the application can be directed to Lt. Kevin Nelson at email@example.com.
- There is NO fee to apply for this position.